Who said that our vegan pizza crusts are only for pizza? Not true! Here we offer you an alternative to make delicious healthy quesadillas using our Original Wrawp Vegan Pizza Crust. Once you see how easy it is to make your own grilled tomatillo salsa, you'll have a hard time going back to cans or jars.
Serving size: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 min or less
Total time: 30 min
For Hominy Vegan Pizza Crust Quesadillas with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa you’ll need the following ingredients:
3 large tomatillos (husked and halved)
1 large poblano chile(halved lengthwise, stemmed, and seeded)
1 peeled white onion (half chopped (3/4 cup), half cut into chunks,divided)
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving (1-2 limes)
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1 cup hominy (cooked or canned, rinsed and drained)
1 cup pinto beans (cooked or low-sodium canned, rinsed and drained)
4 oz. goat cheese (crumbled)
Hot sauce, such as Cholula
- Coat grill grate or grill pan with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat.
- Coat tomatillos, poblano, and onion chunks with cooking spray. Grill for 10 minutes, or until tender and charred.
- Pulse grilled onion chunks and tomatillos to coarse puree in mini food processor. Add poblano and lime juice; blend just until poblano is chopped. Transfer to bowl, and stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pulse hominy, beans, and remaining 3/4 cup chopped onion in food processor until just beginning to stick together.
- Press one-quarter hominy mixture over half of each Original Wrawp Vegan Pizza Crust. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired, season with salt and pepper and hot sauce. Fold pizza crusts in half to enclose filling, and lightly coat both sides with cooking spray.
- Grill quesadillas for 6 minutes, or until filling is heated through and pizza crust is charred, turning once. Let stand 2 minutes, then cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve with tomatillo salsa and lime wedges.
Amazing, isn’t it?
Non-trivial recipe that won’t leave you bored or hungry! We are always ready to offer you even more interesting recipes. Check out our other recipes, like Broccoli Tomato Healthy Pizza Crust or Great Pizza Crust With Marinara Sauce