Gluten Free Wraps with Collard Greens
In this recipe, we use a potent blend of herbs and spices - rosemary, oregano, ground ginger, and turmeric - to marinate the chicken; both to add antioxidants to the dish, as well as to protect the chicken from any damage from the cooking process (although we cook on medium to minimize the effects as well!). Our Spicy Wrawp Gluten Free Wraps help to bring the flavour to the max level.
Serving size: 4 servings
Prep Time: 45 min
Total time: 45 min (plus marinating time)
For Power-Spiced Chicken Gluten Free Wraps with Collard Greens and Jicama Slaw you’ll need the following ingredients:
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp each chopped fresh rosemary and oregano
1 1/2 tsp each ground ginger and turmeric
4 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
5 to 6 scallions, sliced
4 to 6 limes, juiced (about 7 tbsp)
2 tbsp raw honey
2 small carrots, shredded
1 small jicama, shredded
1 small zucchini, shredded
12 leaves of collard greens, thick ribs removed, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, oregano, ginger and turmeric. In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken and pour spice mixture over top. Rub spices all over chicken and cover dish. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or as long as 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. In a large skillet on medium, heat 1 1/2 tsp oil. Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt. To skillet, add 2 chicken breasts and cook until golden brown and opaque in the center, 6 to 9 minutes per side. Transfer to a large baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil and chicken.
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, scallions, lime juice, and honey. To a large bowl, add carrots, collard greens, jicama, zucchini, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; stir to combine. Just before serving, add about 3/4 cup of yogurt mixture to vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Slice chicken. Top each Spicy Wrawp Gluten Free Wrap with chicken and slaw. Wrap around chicken and slaw and serve with remaining yogurt mixture as a dipping sauce
Tips and recommendations to make this recipe even better than other gluten free wraps recipe:
- Remember to opt for organic chicken whenever possible.
- You can prepare chicken ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate. Before cooking, allow 1 hour to come to room temperature or microwave if want the meat to be hot.
- You can prepare yogurt mixture 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before cooking, allow 1 hour to come to room temperature.