HAWAIIAN PORTOBELLO VEGAN WRAPS
- With a small spoon, remove the ribs from the mushroom caps.
- Then wash the caps under cool running water and pat dry.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray.
- Place the onions and garlic in the pan and sauté the onions until they start to become translucent. (Note: As you cook the onions throughout the recipe the volume of the onions will decrease, so don't be afraid to use a lot of onion to start!)
- Add the soy sauce and the maple syrup to the onions, mixing well until the sauce mixture becomes thick.
- On the side, sprinkle the portobello caps with some soy sauce and salt & pepper.
- Place the portobello caps on the grill and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- For the last 3-4 minutes, place the pineapple rings on the grill to warm them up and caramelize slightly.
- Lay out the Coco Nori Coconut Wraps, and add the onion mixture, mushroom caps and pineapple slices to each Wrap.
- Roll up and enjoy with yourself or share with a friend!
*If you prefer, you can toast the coconut wraps in a pan after rolling for a slightly crisp, golden brown touch! So Yum!