Chipotle Chicken Fajitas-Style Gluten-Free Wraps
This recipe comes from our friends’ log cabin in the Rocky Mountain high country. One night for dinner, our hosts made a chipotle-marinated steak. When we returned home, we were inspired to make a chipotle-based marinade, which resulted in this fajitas-style Gluten-Free Wraps recipe! It has since become a staple of our dinner menu featuring our Original Wrawp Gluten-Free Wraps.
Serving size: 6 servings
Prep Time: 30-60 min
Total time: 20 min
For Chipotle Chicken Fajitas-Style Gluten-Free Wraps you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 serving of lime/lemon juice(about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 to 4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (use more or less, depending on how spicy you like your Fajitas-Style Gluten-Free Wraps)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Grilled Fajita Vegetables
- 6 Original Wrawp Gluten-Free Wraps
- Optional Toppings
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded lettuce
- Salsa of your choice
- To make the marinade, combine the cranberry juice, lime/lemon juice, vinegar, chiles, garlic, oregano, and cumin with salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the marinade to a shallow dish and add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken, turning once, until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Baste with the marinade while grilling until 5 minutes before the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cools, put the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 5 minutes (to both reduce the sauce and kill any bacteria from the raw chicken).
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve the reduced marinade on the side (to be drizzled over the chicken and other fillings).
- Serve the chicken with the Original Wrawp Gluten-Free Wraps, vegetables, and your choice of toppings.
Tips and recommendations to consider for this recipe:
Not all brands are safe. Some versions of adobo sauce include wheat flour. Always read labels to make sure you're buying a gluten-free version.
If you need another amazing recipe, check out our Grilled Hummus Veggie Wrap