Bored of chopped fillings in your paleo tortillas? This plant-based paleo tortilla recipe introduces crisp and refreshing cucumber noodles. A sweet-tart peanut sauce is drizzled inside the wrap and also used as a flavorful dip. Have fun while cooking and enjoy delicious healthy paleo tortillas featuring out Veggie Life Wrawp paleo tortilla.
Serving size: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Total time: 20 min
For Cucumber and Kale Paleo Tortillas with Zesty Peanut Sauce you’ll need the following ingredients:
2 large cucumbers
1/2 tsp plus pinch sea salt, divided
4 large curly kale leaves, washed, patted dry and tough stems removed, thinly sliced
1 cup BPA-free-canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 pinches each ground black pepper and chile powder, divided
Pinch ground cumin
1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups shredded purple cabbage
1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup natural unsalted creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari sauce
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tsp raw honey
Pinch ground ginger
4 Veggie Life Wrawp paleo tortillas
- Slice ends off cucumbers. Working one at a time, secure cucumber in a spiral slicer and turn the crank to create noodles. Place noodles in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes to drain liquid.
- On a flat surface, lay each Veggie Life Wrawp paleo tortilla. In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork and season with pinch each salt, black pepper, chile powder and cumin. Divide chickpea mixture among tortillas and spread in an even layer to within 1 inch of edges.
- Over chickpea mixture, layer cucumber noodles, bell pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, kale, sprouts and cilantro.
- To a mini food processor or blender, add garlic, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, honey, ground ginger and remaining pinch each black pepper and chile powder. Add 1 tbsp water, process until smooth. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle 1 tsp peanut sauce over ingredients on each tortilla. Fold in sides and roll up like a burrito. Slice each paleo tortilla in half and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
Tips and recommendations to make this recipe even better than other paleo tortilla recipe:
- Unless your knife skills are up to par with Gordon Ramsay’s, a spiral slicer is a must to cut your fruits and veggies into fun and interesting shapes. There are all kinds of the out now in the market. Choose the one you like more for whether multi-functionality or simplicity.
- You can of course prepare more peanut sauce and refrigerate it for future use. It’ll be good for 5 days more.